Saturday, August 9, 2008

I Thought Dead Fish Float to the Top

A few days ago during a craving for ice cream, Jimmy stopped at the convenience store up the street and bought a pint of Ben & Jerry's Phish Food ice cream. I love Phish Food - it's chocolate ice cream with marshmallow creme, caramel and fudge fish - in other words, it's heaven. Well this particular pint that he brings home is a little weird - it's kind of more icey than creamy. Does that make sense? I don't know how else to explain it, but that what it was, also there were no fudge fish. At one point I decided that the ice cream had probably thawed out and been refrozen, accounting for the weird texture and that would mean the fish probably all sank to the bottom and refroze there. I got to the bottom this morning, the fish were all there. Too many to eat! They are good when you get one in a bite, but when you get three or four in a bite, it's a little too much to handle! Now I'm wondering just how unfrozen this ice cream got and if it's okay that I ate it! What's your favorite Ben & Jerry's flavor?

4 comments:

CB said...

My fave is phish food too! I was surprised when you didn't just throw it away and buy a new one...I am sure it is fine tho....

Ashley said...

I totally LOVE phish food ice cream, but half-baked and cherry garcia are a close second and third!

JTB said...

MARCIE are you still with us?

If yes, it was ok to eat it.

If not, I'm not speaking @ the funeral.

Patti said...

Gee Marce I haven't tried phis food ice cream it was sounding really good but the picture is so gross!

mom