Saturday, January 3, 2009

What Is 2009 All About

So, while working out the other day with Elizabeth (and coincidentally, her brother Seth came along), we were talking about New Year's Resolutions and so forth. Well, everyone knew what they wanted to do in 2009, but I couldn't figure out what 2009 meant for me. So, after finishing our workout I returned home and started to clean my bathrooms. It was when I got almost through the third one (we have two and a half, actually), and I was tired and smelling of bleach that I decided there had to be a better way - a better way to keep things clean, a better way clean them when needed, just a better way in general...so hatched my idea of what 2009 is all about for me - Streamline & Simplify!

I am not making a resolution because I honestly think that resolutions are easily forgotten, and even more easily broken. So, instead I have a focus for 2009 - Streamline & Simplify! Over the course of the next year I plan to pare down the things I don't need. I have decided that it is a reasonable goal to throw away, give away, or donate at least one thing every week. Once I have everything pared down, it will be easier to keep track of what I have. Also, by cleaning things out (for example the makeup under my bathroom sink) I can make room for organization and efficiency (storing cleaning items under said bathroom sink so I don't haul my cleaning supplies up and down the stairs every time I need to wipe down my sinks!). I'm looking forward to lightening the load and having a more efficient outlook.

I have asked Elizabeth to ask me what I get rid of every week as a way to keep me on top of the game - but feel free to ask me too - or give me pointers or fun tips on how you stay streamlined and simplified! Happy New Year!

4 comments:

JTB said...

Streamline and simplify..........hire a maid.

CB said...

Sounds like my kind of streamlining...maybe that will be my goal for 2009 also....Jarv?

Ashley said...

Let me know what you pick your closet to be the thing to clean out! :)

Amber said...

What did you get rid of this week? :)