Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

I want to send a big Happy Mother's Day out to all moms, but special ones to those mothers in my life.

To my Grandma - Happy Mother's Day and thank you for everything. I have such special memories of having fun at your house. We could always show up for milk with a little bit of tea or a round of The Twelve Days of Christmas - all we had to do was walk across the street. You had plenty of aprons and shoes for dress up - though my sisters and I always coveted the hot pink heels. When I was little I just thought you were a fun grandma who loved her family very much - as I grew up and learned more about your life, I realized how strong you are and how much you sacrificed for your children - for many years of your life, you truly lived for them. Thank you for being such a good example.

To My Sisters - Watching the two of you as mothers has been delightful. You are so similar and so different - and I am learning a lot from both of you. Corey - You've been a mom for almost eight years now! It is so evident that you love your girls and wouldn't trade motherhood for anything - however, it's also nice to see that it's okay to get frustrated and want to give them up for a day! I see your love for those girls and how you're the hub of your family - it really suits you. I'm proud of you and the choices that you make in raising your family. Ashley - a brand new mama - Happy First Mother's Day to you! What an exciting time in your life - your excitement and awe over Layla is present in all you do - seeing that in you makes me excited to be a mom one day too. I think you have grown up so much in the past couple of years and you're a great mom! You and Kelly have been put through a lot, but you lean on each other for strength and support - and I think that's key in raising a family. I'm proud of you too!

To My Mother In Law, Sun - Thank you for accepting me into your family and sharing your son with me. I feel so lucky to have in-laws that are so supportive and who genuinely want me to be a part of their family. I am also glad for the example you and Al set for Jimmy - we are lucky to both come from families where a marriage is something that lasts - even if there are trying times that need to be worked through. Happy Mother's Day!

To My Mom - Of course a special Happy Mother's Day to you! You have been there for me since forever, and I am grateful for all of the love and support I have received from you. I am blessed to have a mom as wonderful as you to learn from. As kids, me and my sisters got to be kids. We never had to worry about anything - you made sure our lives were fun - from making the video for Stacy, to playing "Restaurant" at lunch, to rummy games into the middle of the night. You made sure we were happy and when something did go wrong you fixed it. And, even as you were playing pretend with us, you were also making meals, washing dishes, doing laundry and sometimes working. But we could feel that we were a priority - it's easy to see now that the things you did were always for us and our family. As I grew up I see your devotion to your family. I also see how lucky I am to have you for a mom. So much of who I am today I credit to you. I know I can still turn to you with whatever problems I have - and even though it's not as easy to make them just go away - it makes dealing with them much easier knowing I have you in my corner. Thank you so much for giving me the support all through my life to grow up and be me! I love you!

2 comments:

CB said...

Okay, I'm crying. Thanks Marcie. I love you.

Patti said...

Okay Marcie I too am crying! Thank you that was the best Mothers Day gift right there.
I am so proud of you! But no you still cannot have 8 brownies!

I love you!!!!!