Monday, November 16, 2009

Thankful Thoughts #4

I'm so thankful for my faith. I think it's something that I've really found more recently. As a child I would go to church on and off, I always believed in God and Jesus Christ but was never in a situation where I thought a whole lot about my faith, nor did I question it. As I got older I fell away from the church and was just living my own life - still believing, but not really putting my faith or religion at the forefront of my life. However, Jimmy and I started attending church again earlier this year, and I am so thankful for the place it now has in my life.


We tried a couple of different places and have recently found our home at Central Christian Church. I wasn't too sure of it at first - it's huge and I oscillated between feeling like I could practice my faith anonymously (thus more personally to me) and feeling lost in the crowd. With the onset of our "Neon Faith" series, Jimmy and I joined a small group and have come to find a place where we can share in bible study with our group and talk about our faith and the role it plays in our life. In this series we also have shared daily devotionals with each other and have begun praying together. I think our growth in our faith has really spurred more growth in our relationship, and individually.

I am truly thankful for the opportunity to learn more about my faith, the bible, and Jesus Christ. I know it is through my faith that God will move in my life and help me to be the person that I am supposed to be.

No comments: